Dr. Asha Patel Shah received her Doctor of Medicine with Research Distinction from the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine in 2009 under the Honors Program in Medicine 6 year BS/MD program. She completed her Internal Medicine Preliminary Internship at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Medical Center, affiliate of Columbia University, from 2009-2010. She went on to complete her Dermatology Residency as Co-Chief Resident at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center from 2010-2013.
Dr. Shah became board certified in Dermatology in 2013. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and most recently was practicing adult and pediatric dermatology with Kaiser Permanente in the metro Atlanta area for nearly 3 years. Dr. Shah is also an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Dermatology at Emory University Department of Dermatology and participates in teaching dermatology residents in their clinics at Grady Hospital and giving lecture presentations as part of their curriculum. She is excited to be joining Atlanta West Dermatology in August 2016.
- Doctor of Medicine with Research Distinction, University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine, 2009
- Internal Medicine Preliminary Internship, St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Medical Center, affiliate of Columbia University, 2010
- Dermatology Residency, New York Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center, 2013
- Fellow and Board Certification, American Academy of Dermatology, 2013
Positions and Honors
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, Emory University
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology