Dr. Asha Patel Shah received her Doctor of Medicine with Research Distinction from the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine under the Honors Program in Medicine 6 year BS/MD program. During medical school, Dr. Shah was selected to join the prestigious Clinical Research Training Program and spent a year at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland. She conducted translational and clinical research on cutaneous Graft versus Host Disease in the Dermatology Branch of the National Cancer Institute. She went on to complete her Internal Medicine Preliminary Internship at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Medical Center, an affiliate of Columbia University. She then completed her Dermatology Residency as Co-Chief Resident at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center.
Dr. Shah is board certified in Dermatology and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology. Dr. Shah holds an appointment as Adjunct Assistant Professor of Dermatology at Emory University and participates in teaching dermatology residents in their clinics at Grady Hospital and giving lecture presentations as part of their curriculum. She has also co-authored several textbook chapters and numerous articles in peer-reviewed medical journals, including The Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology and JAMA Dermatology/Archives of Dermatology.
Dr. Shah enjoys practicing the entire spectrum of medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology. Her cosmetic expertise includes facial rejuvenation with Botox and injectable fillers. Her philosophy with cosmetic procedures is to help patients look their best while maintaining a natural and healthy appearance.
- Doctor of Medicine with Research Distinction, University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine, 2009
- Internal Medicine Preliminary Internship, St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Medical Center, affiliate of Columbia University, 2009-2010
- Dermatology Residency, New York Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center, 2010-2013
- Fellow and Board Certification, American Academy of Dermatology, 2013
Positions and Honors
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, Emory University
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology